The Community Co-Ownership Initiative
How to Get Involved:
Our Education and Training series is in its second series. Workshops can be attended on a drop in basis although pre-registration strongly encouraged.:
Community Land Trusts & Cooperative Ownership: Intro to Project Financing and Budgeting
Saturday, March 30, 2019 | 10a – 2p
Hosted at Sustainable Economies Law Center
1428 Franklin St., Oakland CA
Open to the Public
Tools for Shared living: Conflict Resolution
(in partnership with SEEDS community mediation)
April 27, 2019 – Citizen Engagement Lab
1330 Broadway #300
Oakland, CA 94612
10a – 2pm
RSVP HERE : Free for CLT residents, $35 for community members at large
Join us for the 2019 CCOI Education and Training Series for ongoing workshops on Co-Ownership March through through May 2019
Prospective Residents Interested in Starting a Co-Ownership Project: The training series will consist of both open-to-the-public training sessions and cohort-track working sessions on the basics of site assessment, group governance & decision making, legal structures, and financial strategies for cooperative ownership and stewardship. This series will be compiled into an online learning curriculum resource to share widely.
The application to join the cohort track of the Community Co-Ownership Initiative FALL 2019 Education and Training Series will open in summer 2019.
Residents of Existing CLT and cooperative projects of all sorts: This project is here to support you too! We will be conducting specific training sessions for deepening, maintaining and supporting existing CLT and cooperative resident ownership projects. We are also looking for folks to join us as peer-trainers to provide insight for new co-ownership project cohorts. If you live in a co-ownership project and would like to get involved, please contact us here.
Education & Training Series Topics Include:
1. Overview of Community Land Trusts and Cooperatives History
2. Overview of Models for Cooperative Development & Resident Ownership
3. Creating a Life Together: Collective Vision, Group Process and Decision-Making for Co-Ownership
4. Cooperative Governance 101
5. Property Search & Site Assessment
6. Financing Options, Budgeting and Feasibility Analysis
Education & Training Series participants will:
- Learn the basics of cooperative housing and resident controlled ownership models
- Gain skills in group process, visioning & decision-making
- Receive technical assistance on legal and financial strategies for shared ownership.
- Grow partnerships with Community Land Trusts on developing co-ownership projects in the Bay Area.