Since March 2021, NCLT has been assisting residents in Alameda, Contra Costa, and Solano counties to apply for the State of California’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program. As part of California’s Local Partner Network we will be providing 1-1 assistance to both tenants and landlords in applying, gathering required documentation and submitting applications to the Emergency Rental Assistance Program.
You can begin preparing application materials and learn more about eligibility and requirements at Housingiskey.com
Where to apply depends on where you live – enter your address here
- State program (Contra Costa, San Francisco, Solano) – Housing is Key
- Alameda County (except for Fremont and Oakland) – Housing Secure
- Solano County – Solano ERAP (new applicants starting August 1, 2021 should apply to state program)
- Oakland and Fremont – Keep People Housed
Applicants will not be asked about their citizenship, nor will they be required to show proof of citizenship.
What if I am a tenant or landlord who would like or needs application help?
As part of California’s Local Partner Network NCLT is offering assistance appointments for both landlord and tenant applications to the STATE program. 1-1 appointments will be available virtually (via zoom or phone), with document drop-off available in Berkeley and via pop-up locations and curbside/doorstep appointments in coming weeks.
To Book Appointments:
- You can set up an appointment through the state hotline at 833-430-2122
- You can also call or email NCLT at 510-548-7878 option 2 or via email [email protected]
For support in Contra Costa and upcoming webinars, contact Valeska Castenada-Puerto at [email protected].
About us: We are part of a group of Bay Area community organizations and community land trusts including BayAreaCLT, Berkeley Tenants Union and Latinos United, People of Color Sustainable Housing Network, RichmondLand, SaferDIYSpaces, Vallejo Housing Justice Coalition and Vital Arts.
Services will be available in English and Spanish (beginning the week of March 22nd, or by appointment).